Saturday, February 27, 2010

Clinicals February 26th 0830-1700 skills day

WHAT: This was my first day teaching at our hospital skills day. I was very nervous because I knew I would be teaching charge nurses, house supervisors, clinical supervisor, nurses who have been praticing for several years as well as some really great new nurses.

SO WHAT: So what was what I kept trying to tell myself to help me not feel so nervous. So what if they have more experience than me they had to start somewhere too. So what if I am nervous I have survived presentations in class. My so what statements only helped for the brief moment I was thinking them. I was still nervous.

NOW WHAT: Now that my first of three teaching sessions is over. I can honestly say that I am not nervous for the other two teaching days. Everyone was kind. They listened and asked questions, they even acted like they learned something new. I was asked a few questions that I did not know the answers to, but I am looking up the answeres and going to get back to those who asked them.

No comments:

Post a Comment