Thursday, January 28, 2010

Clinical 1-27 -10 - 1-28-10 1800-0700

WHAT: Deb and I discussed a project I could do. The project we came up with was to research urinary catherter aquired urinary track infections and how to prevent them, then teach my findings at the skills labs in February. Medicade's new law that they will no longer pay for hospital aquired UTI's is what inspired this project.

NOW WHAT: I obtained a copy of a prevention reminded on catheter care and made copies and hung them on the doors of the break rooms and bathrooms for all staff to see. I worked on my teaching posted. I will do more research and continue preparing for the class.

SO WHAT: The goal I meet was to have a project. This project is important because reseach shows that a hospital aquired UTI increases a patients hospital stay as well as increased risks for furthur complications and even death.

No comments:

Post a Comment